A Dallas health care worker assigned to treat Eric Duncan has tested positive for Ebola. Health care officials are in a quandary to explain her infection. According to Texas health care officials, the nurse followed CDC protocol; according to CDC officials, she couldn’t have because she is infected. The videos below reveal the difficulty facing health care experts in containing the virus.
- Dr. Thomas Frieden, Director CDC: “We don’t know what occurred in the care of the index patient, the original patient in Dallas, but at some point there was a breach in protocol and that breach in protocol resulted in this infection. The care of Ebola can be done safely but it is hard to do it safely. It requires meticulous and scrupulous attention to infection control. And even a single inadvertent innocent slip can result in infection. …” Video here.
- Dr Thomas Freiden, Director CDC: “… I think the fact that we don’t know of a breach in protocol is concerning because clearly there was a breach in protocol. We have the ability to prevent the spread of Ebola by caring safely for patients.” Video here.
- Dr. Dallas Varga, Texas Health Resources: “… she was following full CDC precautions which are droplet precautions, including gown, glove, mask, and shield. From the time that self-monitoring indicated the need for contact to the time that the patient entered full isolation in the emergency department was less than 90 minutes.” Video here.
The logic of Frieden, the CDC director, is “circular” and illogical.
- Our protocol is fail-safe.
- She is infected.
- She could not have followed protocol because she is infected.
- If she is infected, it demonstrates our protocol is fail-safe because she violated it and so she is infected.
Suppose Ebola has mutated. The fail-safe protocol was designed for the virus in its unmutated stage. Dr. Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota,, explains Ebola’s possible mutation (from a direct contact with body fluids, e.g., vomit, to an airborne virus such as a sneeze):
“I can’t imagine anything in my career — and this includes HIV — that would be more devastating to the world than a respiratory transmissible Ebola virus.”
As of October 1, there have been more than 7,100 cases of Ebola, with 3,330 deaths, according to the World Health Organization, which has said the virus is spreading at a much faster rate than it was earlier in the outbreak.
Ebola is an RNA virus, which means every time it copies itself, it makes one or two mutations. Many of those mutations mean nothing, but some of them might be able to change the way the virus behaves inside the human body. .. However, the World Health Organization says its scientists are unaware of any virus that has dramatically changed its mode of transmission.
Fail-safe protocols or mutated virus? Which is it?
It is almost as if Ebola has a mind and will of its own; and, it has been granted authority to kill.
Jesus come quickly.
Need to pray that it would not mutate into an airborne virus or have a longer incubation period by which people could transmit it without symptoms. In a sinister way, to protect others if no cure is found then people should die quickly from it (as awful as that is). And need to pray for an effective vaccine and the protection of health professionals when handling infected people. Lord help them, and give doctors and researchers grace and wisdom to find a cure quickly and be safe from harm.
Well Mr. Hunt
I found myself agreeing with your statements though I don’t know and cannot really tell just what your particular prophetic world view is?
But as for myself, I try my best to take God’s own point of view as to what He is justified in doing to the people of this world that we humans have just about destroyed and made earth almost unlivable…not for us in the West, but for many other, poorer countries.
And I’m afraid that Jack has finally push that particular prophetic button in my spirit, the Ebola virus does indeed seem to have a mind of its own and its very sinister in that it does not respect of recognise any class or social standing in this world.
Just like that poor nurse, it seems it can make “Typhoid Marys” of us all at will, it seems. Because according to news reports she was fully kitted out in all the latest protective gear but it still managed to get through, so I think the poor woman simply inhaled the virus taking a breath in a place that was spick and span and as hygienic as you could get!
Which is very strange indeed, as I saw News photos of patients in African villages who looked like they were about to expire or had done so, but they were surrounded by loved ones and relatives who appeared to be in various stages of acute mourning and doubtless breathing very heavily…go figure?
So isn’t this like having a bullet with your name on it that is self-directed at particular people anywhere and everywhere in the world, that God wants dead?
its got that feel to it.
This the first time I ever got…well, this superstitious-sounding in public, but gosh, it sure makes one wonder..when there seems to be no realistic established medical parameter about the limits of its transmission..and so its very chilling thinking about the terrible things which are even now coming upon the earth?
God help us…and them…